If the folder where your browser downloads the information you download via the network is not the one you want, you can always change it to another where you feel more comfortable. We tell you how to do it in the main web browsers currently available.
Switching web browsers, downloading a type of file, and not knowing exactly what folder it was placed in may have happened to you before.
It may also happen that the default folder of the browser is not suitable for you and therefore, whenever you have to search for what you have downloaded, the process becomes something cumbersome or difficult.
But as you well know, in this world of technology, nothing is final and almost everything can be changed. This is a good example, since the main browsers on the market currently allow you to set another default folder for downloads.
If you do not know how to do it, we are going to tell you how to modify said folder, so that you can put the one that you like the most or that is in the most suitable place for you, explained for the browsers that all the world uses today.
How could it be otherwise, we will start with the most used in the world, Google Chrome.
In the Google browser it is possible to modify, in a very simple and fast way, the location of the default folder to save all kinds of downloads made through this software.
The steps you need to follow are:
- We click on the three dots located in the upper right corner of Chrome, then, in the drop-down list that appears, click on Setting.
- Once there, we must enter downloads.
- We click on the change button and select a new download destination.
- We can also tell Chrome to ask us where we want to download the file each time we perform such a task, which we will achieve by pressing the option Ask where to save each file before downloading.
The same thing that we have previously managed with Google Chrome, we will be able to do with the Mozilla Firefox browser.
It’s also extremely easy to change the default folder location for downloads. You just have to do the following:
- We open the browser menu and click on Setting.
- In the left panel we select General and scroll down to Files and Apps.
- We click on Exam next to Save files to and select where Firefox should download your files.
- You can also mark Always ask where to save files so that every time we try to download a file, it asks us for it and thus decides where to save it.
Obviously in the Microsoft browser it could not be less and it also allows you to change the location of the downloads folder to the one we consider most appropriate.
The steps you need to follow are:
- We type in the same place where we put the web addresses: edge://parameters
- So, in the left menu, we click on Edit, next to Location, and select a new download location.
Edge has other very interesting features to manage the files that we download.
We can make Edge ask us where we want to save each file we download as long as we check the option Ask me what to do with each download.
We also have two other options such as Open Office files in browserwhereby any Office-related file will be opened directly in the browser instead of being downloaded, and Show download menu when starting a downloadoption that automatically shows us a window where we see how many files are being downloaded.
For all users who use Apple operating systems, they should also know that the download folder can be changed, just as we have done with the browsers that we have talked about so far.
If we want to achieve this, we simply have to perform the following steps:
- In the menu bar we click on Safari.
- We’re going preferences then to General.
- We open the drop-down menu next to File download location.
- We click on Other and we put a new location.
- Additionally, we can set the download location for each file using the option Ask for each download.
This browser has become very popular lately thanks to the system it incorporates to protect our privacy, being able to block ads and trackers that sometimes cause so much inconvenience.
If this is the browser you usually use, you can also change the location of the downloads to the folder that you like the most and that suits you best.
You will be able to do this if you follow these steps:
- We write in the same place where we put web pages: brave://parameters
- We go down the left menu and we select downloads.
- We click on To change and we set the new location for the files we download from time to time.
- We can also decide where to save each file by enabling the option Ask where to save each file before downloading.
In Opera we will also be able to change the downloads folder to the one we want, either because we are running out of space on the disk where these types of files are normally stored, or because we want everything to be redirected to a new location .
There will be no problem when changing this setting in Opera, as it is extremely simple. Here are the steps:
- We click on the icon Setting.
- We go down and open the menu Advanced.
- At that time we should go to downloads then click on To change.
- So we select a new location for this browser’s downloads.
- It also allows us to request the location each time we want to download a file.
The great advantage that Vivaldi has over many other browsers is its speed and that is why many users use it.
Of course, we can also change the default download location as follows:
- We click on Setting in the lower left corner, then select Downloads.
- Click on select folder from the download location and navigate to the new location where we want the files to be saved.
- If we select Save files to default location without asking, it won’t ask us where they are stored.
With all this information, you will be able to change the location of the downloads folder of the main browsers that we all use often.
As you may have read, it is extremely easy to modify this part and place the location that suits us best.