Welcome to the Autism Diagnosis and Treatment Center at Southeast Missouri State University.
Our mission is to provide quality inclusive services that help individuals and families realize their potential.
Our vision is to be the premier resource for multidisciplinary services in Southeast Missouri. We are guided by measurable results, diversity and inclusion. Our goal is to provide quality individualized services that allow individuals and families to access the support, confidence and advocacy they need to thrive.
Family centered: Family-centered services focus on involving caregivers and consumers in learning strategies to improve their overall quality of life.
The diversity: We strive to create an inclusive environment that honors the unique backgrounds and diverse needs of the individuals and families we serve. Our goal is to help our clients overcome barriers to success while providing services sensitive to their cultural, socio-economic, physical, behavioral and personal needs.
Compassion: We provide services with humanity, using the most efficient and least intrusive options available.
Collaboration: We are a multidisciplinary treatment facility with licensed and certified clinicians. We work closely together to provide an individualized treatment package for the specific needs of our consumers. We work closely with parents, pediatricians, schools, psychiatrists and other professionals to ensure continuity of care.
Integrity: Diagnostic and treatment services are consistent with the current science of developmental disability. Interventions are data-driven and implemented with fidelity. We strive to maintain open and honest communication with our consumers and their families.
Enthusiasm: We are passionate about the services we offer, striving to foster an environment of creativity and innovation. Our success is measured by the success of our consumers.
Provide services to meet autism-specific service needs in a manner consistent with the following objectives:
- Increase access and reduce wait times for diagnostic and treatment services
- Provide critical diagnostic information to families in a timely manner, including appropriate referrals to other services their child may be eligible to receive and identify treatment options
- Provide evidence-based intervention services and advocate in the child’s community
- Organize training for pre-professional students and community professionals to increase the capacity of services statewide
The Autism Center maintains its activities with the following funding:
- Contracts with the Missouri State Department of Mental Health, Division of Developmental Disabilities, Office of Autism Services
- Missouri Autism Projects, Parent Advisory Committee-Southeast Region (SE PAC)
- The University Autism Center is an approved provider for the regional offices of the Missouri Department of Mental Health
Health insurance, including Missouri Medicaid RESOURCES
Feel free to investigate these National and Missouri resources below to learn more about Autism Spectrum Disorders and the services available in the United States.